This funding provides up to $15,000 to support the development of individual Alberta artists, arts administrators, or an ensemble of artists by providing funding for a specific music project.
- are legally entitled to be or remain in Canada
- are legally entitled to work in Canada
- have had your primary residence in Alberta for at least one full year before applying
- ordinarily live in Alberta for a least six months of each year with the exception of attending a formal program of study
- You must be in good standing with the AFA with no open or outstanding projects or reporting to apply. Previous grant recipients must ensure all final reporting has been approved by the AFA before new applications are accepted.
Note: Ensembles, collectives, and collaborations are eligible to apply to this program and must list all principal artists involved in the project activities as part of their application. All members of an ensemble, collective, or collaboration must meet the individual eligibility criteria.
Principal artists cannot apply and/or receive funding for multiple projects at the same time, whether as an individual or a member of various ensembles, collectives, or collaborations.
- For art production projects:
- Session musician fees
- Commission fees
- For marketing projects:
- Promotion and publicity
- For training and career development projects:
- Tuition or training fees
- For all project categories:
- Transportation and accommodation
- Administration and contract fees
- Basic living/ subsistence expenses (housing, local transport, food, childcare, dependent care) up to $3,000/month.
- Other expenses and supplies considered by the AFA to be reasonable and necessary
Deadline DateMarch 1, 2023, September 1, 2023
Contact Name: Jason Flammia, Arts Development Consultant - Music
Phone Number: 780-415-0297
E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org