Value$20,000 wage subsidy
The Skilled Newcomer Internships for the Bio-economy is now accepting applicants. Canada’s bio-economy must become more diverse if the industry is to reach the talent needs of the next decade. Today, recent immigrants and internationally educated professionals (IEP) make up 26% of the workforce. The Skilled Newcomer Internship for the Bio-economy opens the door to newcomers and offers valuable work experience needed to grow a career in Canada’s bio-economy.
- offer full-time positions (at least 30 hours per week) for a three-to-nine month placement;
- remunerate the balance of the wages not paid by BioTalent Canada to the participant;
- provide BioTalent Canada with monthly financial claims, progress reports, and data upon request; and
- provide the application form including:
- PIF, applicant checklist, direct deposit information, participant resume, company description, job description, and a learning plan developed with the participant.
This position must not be funded by another Federally funded program like IRAP, Mitacs, etc.
To qualify for the Skilled Newcomer Internship for the Bio-economy program, a participant must be:
- a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person who has been granted refugee status in Canada;
- legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial legislation and regulation;
- a new Immigrant to Canada (in Canada 5 years or less);
- seeking first full-time work experience in Canada’s bio-economy;
- not in receipt of Employment Insurance (EI) benefits; and
- new (not yet employed) to the organization applying for funding.
Contact Name: Colleen
Phone Number: 1-866-243-2472, ext. 218
E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org