Value$14.45 million is budgeted for SPI funding per year.
The Strategic Partnerships Initiative (SPI) provides a way for federal partners to coordinate their efforts, reduce administrative burden and pool resources in support of Indigenous communities. This approach fills gaps in other funding programs that might create a barrier to Indigenous involvement in economic opportunities. SPI initiatives can span multiple years, have regional economic impacts and serve multiple communities.
Federal departments leading SPI initiatives determine any application processes which vary depending on the initiative’s objectives. Those eligible to participate in SPI initiatives include:
- Indigenous businesses, organizations, partnerships and joint ventures
- Indigenous communities and local governments
- academic institutions
- provinces and territories
SPI promotes partnerships between federal and non-federal groups in key economic areas. This allows SPI to support opportunities that are not eligible for other federal funding.
SPI supports investments in:
- economic readiness
- economic infrastructure
- expanding viable businesses
- pre-feasibility and feasibility studies
- environmental diagnostics and evaluations
- community economic development planning
- skills development and training
$14.45 million is budgeted for SPI funding per year.
Contact Name: SPI Secretariat
E-mail Address: IPS-SPI@canada.ca