ValueSelected participants will receive a living allowance of $15/hr for the 25 hrs/wk while attending the 8 weeks of skills training, and employers receive a wage subsidy to hire individuals for the 10 weeks of work experience.
Strive 4 Work is an employment focused program for individuals with disabilities in St. Albert and the surrounding area. The program consists of 8 weeks of ONLINE training and 10 weeks of work experience with the potential for employment to follow.
- To assist individuals with disabilities in the St. Albert area to prepare for and obtain employment and develop the skills necessary to maintain employment.
- To assist employers with strategies, supports and resources to help them integrate potential employees with disabilities into their workplace.
- Individuals with disabilities living in St. Albert and the surrounding area
- Not eligible or in receipt of EI
- Eligible to work in Canada
- Be ready, willing and able to work
- Must be 18+
Medical Conditions, Permanent Injuries, and/or Disabilities including:
- Physical – Crohn’s Disease, Colitis, back issues, mobility issues, amputation, limitation in physical function of body or limbs, Hep C, HIV/AIDS, Diabetes, cancer, Chronic pain, permanent injury, etc.
- Mental Health – anxiety, depression, acute stress, ADHD, OCD
- Hearing – loss of hearing, deafness
- Vision – limited vision, blindness
- Neurological – epilepsy, cerebral palsy, Parkinson’s
- Communication skills, Stress mgmt., Resumes, Interview skills, Computer skills, Standard First Aid/CPR/WHMIS, Food Safety, Service Best, Job Search activities and individual certificates such as Proserve, as needed by participants.
- Participant program hours are Monday – Friday: 9:30am – 3:30pm with 1 hr lunch break. Maximum hours of 25 hrs per week. Work experience hours are negotiated with the employers.
- Selected participants will receive a living allowance of $15/hr for the 25 hrs/wk while attending the 8 weeks of skills training, and employers receive a wage subsidy to hire individuals for the 10 weeks of work experience. It is anticipated that employers will continue to retain the individuals once the wage subsidy ends.
Deadline DateOngoing. Apply today -program starts April 4, 2022
Contact Name: Ally Feist
Phone Number: 780-777-5834
E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org