Valueup to $5 million in non-repayable contribution to an organization over the life of the program.
The Supply Management Processing Investment Fund (SMPIF) helps processors of supply-managed commodities adapt to market changes resulting from the implementation of the Canada-European Union Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement (CETA) and the Comprehensive and Progressive Agreement for Trans-Pacific Partnership (CPTPP).
The program provides non-repayable contributions to support investments in dairy, poultry, and egg processing facilities that improve productivity and/or efficiency through the purchase of new automated equipment and technology.
Eligible applicants are:
- for-profit organizations, including corporations and cooperatives
- processors of supply-managed commoditiesEndnote1:
- Dairy processors
- Poultry Primary processors (chicken and turkey)
- Poultry Further processors (chicken and turkey)
- Hatcheries (broiler, egg-type or turkey)
- Egg graders
- Egg processors
In addition, eligible applicants must be:
- federally or provincially registered legal entities capable of entering into legally binding agreements
- operating in Canada
- processors buying domestic raw commodities
- holding an active federal or provincial licence to carry out activities with respect to food processing and
- able to provide financial statements demonstrating ongoing revenues from processing for a minimum of 2 years prior to application
Priority consideration will be given to:
- small and medium enterprises (SMEs)
- first-time applicants
- projects that improve productivity
The following costs are eligible if they are reasonable and directly related to the project:
- Costs for the purchase and installation of new equipment
- Costs related to the contracting of external expertise for services related to the equipment installation
- Costs for the modification of the processing facility necessary for the installation of the equipment
Deadline DateApplicants may apply at any point during the life of the program, until available funds have been fully allocated. The program ends on March 31, 2028, and all projects must be completed prior to that date.
Contact Name: Supply Management Processing Investment Fund
Phone Number: 1-877-246-4682
E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org