Valuehave a maximum budget of $4,000,000
The Government of Canada is committed to advancing gender equality and women’s economic empowerment and to supporting women entrepreneurs through the Women Entrepreneurship Strategy (the Strategy).
As part of the Strategy, the Government is ensuring women across Canada have access to the business supports they need to start or grow a business.
Applicant organizations must be a Canadian not-for-profit which operates at a local, regional or national level and falls under at least one of the following categories:
- Business and entrepreneur support organizations;
- Research/innovation hubs;
- Organizations that certify diverse suppliers in Canada;
- Indigenous organizations; and
- Business accelerators and incubators.
Eligible applicant organizations must be in operation for a minimum of one year (as of March 15, 2021). Applicants must demonstrate that they meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Have an established mandate focused on supporting women and/or women entrepreneurs; and/or
- Have existing programming (offered within the past one year) focused on women entrepreneurs/women skill development.
Eligible costs include:
- Cost of labour (e.g., salaries and benefits) and of material used;
- Capital costs directly related the Eligible Activities such as capital disbursements and associated expenses, purchase of machinery, equipment and infrastructure and/or associated repairs or retrofits;
- Operating costs that are incremental and directly related to the project: management fees or working capital;
- Costs related to marketing, promotion, and communication;
- Professional fees (e.g. consultants, research, IT, technical expertise, legal, translation, digital and social media production);
- Costs associated with procuring space or equipment necessary to carry out the project, including for workshops, events and meetings; and
- Costs that support the use of tools and products for capacity building and skills development (e.g. educational licensing, third-party software).
Administrative costs will be limited to a maximum of 15% of the total contribution amount. Administrative costs do not include costs associated with capacity building activities.
Deadline DateMarch 15, 2022 (12 pm PST)
Contact Name: ISED Citizen Services Centre
Phone Number: 1-800-328-6189