Edmonton Community Foundation’s (ECF) Young Edmonton Grants (YEG) program provides local youth with funding to turn their ideas into reality.
The YEG program gives funding for projects initiated, led, and organized by young Edmonton and area residents. These grants range from $500-$3,000 and are available for residents between the ages of 13 and 24.
- Applicants must register and activate an account to access the online application.
- Applications must be submitted before the 11:59 p.m. deadline.
- All applications must address the information requested in the application form.
- Most kinds of activities can be funded, as long as they are “initiated and organized” by young Edmonton and area residents (13 to 24 years).
- Funding will NOT be awarded for any projects, programs, or initiatives that:
- involve direct religious activity;
- involve partisan political activity;
- benefit an individual (such as a scholarship);
- have already occurred; or
- involve funds requested being redirected to activities beyond the Edmonton area (e.g. disaster relief in another country).
- To receive funding, applicants must partner with a registered Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) charity (includes schools). Partner charities will be required to complete an online form, automatically sent through the online application, supporting the applicant’s project.
- The partner charity must be aware of the application. For junior and senior high school students, Edmonton Public or Catholic Schools may be willing to accept grants. A representative (Executive Director or Principal) from your partner charity must complete an online form.
- For post-secondary institutions, a director of student services may be the appropriate representative.
- This is a one-time grant. Multi-year requests will not be considered.
- It is anticipated that the number of applications will be greater than the funds that are available to disburse. Not all applications will be approved.
- At the conclusion of the project or activity, we expect a brief update about the initiative. This informal reporting may include:
- a brief description of the activities;
- photos or videos;
- notable successes or lessons learned; and
- plans for follow-up activities (if any).
Deadline DateApplication deadlines are three times a year, February 15 for funding after April 1, May 15 for funding after July 1, and October 15 for funding after December 1.
Contact Name: Edmonton Community Foundation
Phone Number: 1-780-426-0015 or 1-866-626-0015
E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org