The Zayed Sustainability Prize is the UAE’s pioneering global award that recognises and rewards small to medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), nonprofit organisations (NPOs), and global high schools with impactful, innovative, and inspiring sustainable solutions.
Established by the UAE leadership in 2008, the Prize honours the humanitarian and sustainability legacy of the UAE’s founding father, the late Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan. Over the past 15 years, the Zayed Sustainability Prize has awarded 106 winners who have positively impacted the lives of over 378 million people around the world.
Projects that give impact, innovation and inspiration to obtain sustainable solutions across five distinct categories:
- Health– for improved wellbeing of all global citizens
- Food – for the eradication of hunger
- Energy – for enabling universal access to energy
- Water – for universal access to clean water
- Climate Action – promoting climate action for a cleaner planet
- Global High Schools – for the empowerment of the current and future generations
The total prize fund is US$3.6 million, distributed as follows:
- Health – $600,000
- Food – $600,000
- Energy – $600,000
- Water – $600,000
- Climate Action – $600,000
- Global High Schools – $600,000 – (divided amongst 6 Schools, awarding each up to US$100,000)