The Support Fund is designed to provide resources to facilitate access to justice in both official languages through various means, such as the creation of legal and linguistic tools, workshops and training to bilingual lawyers and stakeholders of the justice system, the development of related training material and the provision of public legal education and information. The activities and projects undertaken pursuant to the Support Fund are aligned with the Government commitments of encouraging the participation of all Canadians in linguistic duality, and in supporting official language minority communities.
- Canadian non-profit organizations
- Provincial, territorial, regional and municipal governments, including associated Crown corporations.
- Canadian institutions/boards of education, including Centres for jurilinguistics.
- outreach to official language minority communities to enhance their understanding of the Department of Justice funding programs; and
- encouraging contacts between organizations that are receiving financial assistance and official language minority organizations/groups to ensure that the needs of these communities are taken into consideration in relation to the proposed projects to be considered for Department of Justice Canada funding.
Contact Name: Department of Justice
Phone Number: (613) 941-4193
E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org