ValueWage subsidies of 50% (maximum subsidy $5,000).
The Alberta Food Processors Association (AFPA) has received funding from the Alberta Government to support Work Integrated Learning placements in the food processing industry. This funding will support up to 90 student placements per year for the next 3 years.
Participating Employers must:
- Be an Alberta-based company.
- Be in the food processing, or related, industry.
- Have no unsatisfied employment standards judgments against them.
Student Candidates must:
- Be a current student or recent graduate (within 6 months) of an Alberta post-secondary institution.
- Be legally able to work in Canada.
- Be interested in gaining work experience in the food processing industry.
Wage subsidies of 50% (maximum subsidy $5,000) are available to hire current post-secondary students and recent grads (within 6 months) for temporary work experience placements (minimum 200 hours), which can take place at any time during the year. Placements can be in any area relevant to the industry, including: nutrition and food science, agriculture, technologists, accounting and finance, human resources, IT, logistics, safety, engineering, business, etc.
Contact Name: Alberta Food Processors Association
E-mail Address: https://www.foodfutures.ca/contact