The Canada Periodical Fund (CPF) provides financial assistance to Canadian print magazines, non-daily newspapers and digital periodicals, to enable them to overcome market disadvantages and continue to provide Canadian readers with the content they choose to read.
The CPF has three components:
- Aid to Publishers
- Business Innovation
- Collective Initiatives
- Special Measures for Journalism
Canadian print magazines and non-daily newspapers.
Eligible expenses under each component varies:
- Aid to Publishers – provides funding to eligible Canadian print magazines and non-daily newspapers, to enable them to overcome market disadvantages and continue to provide Canadian readers with quality content. Deadline: December 16, 2022.
- Business Innovation – offers support for projects to eligible small and mid-sized printed magazine and digital periodical publishers. Deadline: November 15, 2022.
- Collective Initiatives – funds projects for organizations designed to increase the overall sustainability of the Canadian magazine and non-daily newspaper industries. Deadline: November 15, 2022.
- Special Measures for Journalism – will provide funds for the 2022-2023 fiscal year to publishers that have a free circulation model or low levels of paid circulation or are published in digital format. Deadline: November 18, 2022.
Deadline DateOpen and closes.
Contact Name: Department of Canadian Heritage
Phone Number: 1-866-811-0055 (toll free)
E-mail Address: PCH.fondsdesperiodiquescanada-canadaperiodicalfund.PCH@canada.ca