Celebrate Canada provides funding to community-based activities celebrating and promoting National Indigenous Peoples Day on June 21, Saint-Jean-Baptiste Day on June 24, Canadian Multiculturalism Day on June 27 and Canada Day on July 1. These celebrations enable Canadians to appreciate Canada’s cultural, ethnic, linguistic and geographic diversity.
The expected results of Celebrate Canada’s support of community-based activities include:
- providing access to celebrations across Canada, to enable all Canadians to appreciate Canada’s cultural, ethnic, linguistic and geographic diversity; and
- creating opportunities for Canadians to participate in celebrations that create a sense of pride and belonging to Canada.
To be eligible for funding, your organization must be a:
- Canadian not-for-profit organization, such as a corporation, trust, cooperative, unincorporated association, etc.;
- Canadian business corporation where projects are non-commercial in nature; or
- Canadian educational institution, Canadian municipal government or other municipal, provincial/territorial institution.
Note: Federal, provincial and territorial governments are ineligible to apply for funding support (with the exception of the Canada Place Corporation for Canada Day celebrations, as per the amendment to the Canada Marine Act).
Only project-related expenses are eligible. These may include:
- promotional expenses, communications, entertainment, supplies, equipment;
- birthday cake for Canada Day Celebrations (for activities held in the territories – Nunavut, Northwest Territories and Yukon – all food expenses are eligible);
- ceremonial and traditional food (such as Bannock on National Indigenous Peoples Day) for Saint-Jean-Baptiste Day, National Indigenous Peoples Day and Canadian Multiculturalism Day celebrations;
- administrative costs (not exceeding 15% of the total contribution), such as salaries and benefits, fees for professional services, bank charges and utilities; and
- reasonable travel/hospitality expenses inside Canada, which must not exceed the rates permitted for travel on government business.
Deadline DateThe application period is now closed. Please click the link indicated below for update.
Contact Name: Department of Canadian Heritage
Phone Number: 1-866-811-0055 (toll-free)
E-mail Address: PCH.info-info.PCH@canada.ca