ValueUp to 50% of eligible costs to a maximum of $600,000 for approved R&D Projects.
We help Canadian small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) to engage in collaborative research and development (R&D) projects with a foreign entity. Our funding is available for projects in the following markets: Brazil, China, India, Israel and South Korea.
CIIP funding supports R&D projects that are close to commercialization such as:
- Technology adaptation – Projects that help adapt already commercialized products to reach a new market. This can be either a foreign or Canadian market.
- Technology validation – Projects that include a new product that is not yet commercialized. The product must require technical and business validation from potential early adopter customers.
- Technology co-development – Projects that involve creating a new product, service, or process with an uncertain path to commercialization.
This program is for Canadian companies that:
- are incorporated, profit-oriented, small and medium-sized enterprises, with up to 500 full-time equivalent employees
- are ready to collaborate with a foreign partner in one of the countries listed above
- are seeking to commercialize new or improved products, services, or processes
- have sufficient resources to make a serious new market entry push
- have a world class, distinguishable, and protectable technology which may already be commercialized in Canada
- salary costs
- contractors’ fees
- reasonable travel costs
Open calls for proposal
|CFP||Deadline for applications||Market|
|Canada – Israel 2022-23 collaborative industrial research and development call for proposals||May 6, 2022||Israel|
|Canada-South Korea 2022 collaborative research and development call for proposals||April 6, 2022||South Korea|
|Canada and Brazil 2021-2022 call for proposals||Closed for applications||Brazil|
Deadline DateOpen and closes.
Contact Name: Science, Technology and Innovation Division Global Affairs Canada
E-mail Address: email@example.com