ValueVaries. Up to 100% of total eligible implementation costs to a maximum of $20 million per proposal.
The Green Industrial Facilities Manufacturing Program (GIFMP) provides financial assistance to support the implementation of energy efficiency and energy management solutions designed to maximize energy performance, greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions reductions, and competitiveness for industry in Canada.
GIFMP offers cost-shared financial support for a holistic and comprehensive suite of energy efficiency measures completed by March 2027 and is being delivered through two separate tracks:
- For Track 1: Energy Efficiency Solutions, eligible recipients will include provincial and territorial governments and their departments and agencies; utilities; and other organizations such as not-for-profit organizations, Indigenous organizations, training institutes and industry associations that have significant capacity, experience, and well-established industrial networks at a regional or a pan-Canadian level. The maximum amount of NRCan funding that can be requested under Track 1 is $20M per proposal.
- Under Track 2: Industrial Facility track, eligible recipients will be Canadian facilities in any industrial sector that are engaged in energy consuming processes that involve the physical or chemical transformation of materials or substances into new products, as described above, regardless of the size of the facilities. The maximum amount of NRCan funding that can be requested under Track 2 will be detailed at the time of its launch in Spring 2023.
In addition to the activities described above, eligible costs can also include:
- salaries and benefits of employees of the eligible recipient
- professional services
- license fees, data purchases, certification costs, regulatory compliance and inspection costs, construction insurance, and permits
- capital expenditures toward retrofitting or upgrading existing facilities, buildings or infrastructure that improve energy efficiency
- overhead expenditures (for the further distribution of funds) may be included in the total costs up to 15% of eligible expenditures
Deadline DateTrack 1: Energy Efficiency Solutions - March 31, 2023; Track 2: Industrial Facility Track 2: track is expected to launch in Spring 2023.
Contact Name: Natural Resources Canada (NRCan)
E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org