The Investments in Forest Industry Transformation (IFIT) program facilitates the adoption of transformative technologies and products by bridging the gap between development and commercialization. The IFIT program aims to create a more competitive and resilient forest sector with a focus on low-carbon projects that result in new or diversified revenue streams. The Investments in Forest Industry Transformation program is accepting applications for two separate funding opportunities.
Capital Investment projects
- Capital funding to support transformational projects by forest sector firms to diversify into new product streams and ensure industry competitiveness.
- Deadline for project proposals: Thursday, July 22, 2021, 5:00 pm EDT.
- Funding to conduct studies linked to the advancement of innovation in the forest sector in support of a future capital investment or strategic shift by forest sector firms.
- Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis until all funds have been allocated.
For-profit companies located in Canada, that either:
- produce forest products in an existing facility (i.e. pulp, paper or solid/engineered wood products facility)
- are new entrants in the Canadian forest sector for the purpose of the proposed project
- will be new entrants in the Canadian forest sector for the purpose of the proposed project
Clusters, joint ventures and consortiums are included if a for-profit company acts as the lead applicant and will be designated as the recipient of IFIT funding.
Since 2010, the Investments in Forest Industry Transformation (IFIT) program has supported innovative projects in the Canadian forest sector.
To date, the program has successfully funded 43 capital investment projects including world-first technologies, advanced bioproducts and new revenue streams for forest sector companies.
These projects are estimated to have secured approximately 6,600 jobs in the forest sector while creating 460 innovation related jobs. The program supports forest-reliant communities and improves the environmental performance of the sector.
The IFIT program will help bring the next wave of innovation to Canadian forest industry facilities; solidifying Canada’s position as a leader in forest industry transformation.
Contact Name: Investments in Forest Industry Transformation
E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org