Value$750 per temporary foreign worker
The Mandatory Isolation Support for Temporary Foreign Workers Program (MISTFWP) is a $142-million program to help with the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic on food supply in Canada by assisting the farming, fish harvesting, and food production and processing sectors.
Under this stream, the program will provide a maximum non-repayable contribution amount of up to $1,500 for each temporary foreign worker arriving between January 1, 2021 and June 15, 2021 for eligible costs associated with the mandatory 14-day isolation period. The maximum non-repayable contribution amount is $750 per temporary foreign worker arriving June 16, 2021 and until the program ends on August 31, 2021.
Eligible recipients under the program are Canadian employers directly involved in the farming, fish harvesting, and food production and processing sectors who have hired workers through the various streams of the Temporary Foreign Workers Program and/or the International Mobility Program and whose workers were subject to the mandatory 14-day isolation period imposed under the Quarantine Act.
Canadian employers can apply for funding under the 14-Day Isolation Period Stream if they have incurred incremental costs associated with their worker’s mandatory 14-day isolation period such as:
- wages and benefits of the temporary foreign workers during the mandatory 14-day
- off-site accommodations during the mandatory 14-day isolation period
- transportation to and from off-site accommodations required during the mandatory 14-day isolation period
- food or a food allowances during the mandatory 14-day isolation period
- health and safety supplies such as gloves, masks, hand sanitizer, disinfectant cleaners and soaps required for the mandatory 14-day isolation period
- cost of the pre-boarding COVID-19 test as required in support of the Quarantine Act
- other incremental costs directly associated to the 14-day mandatory isolation period imposed on temporary foreign workers under the Quarantine Act
Deadline DateAugust 31, 2021
Contact Name: Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada - Mandatory Isolation Support for Temporary Foreign Workers Program
Phone Number: 1-877-246-4682
E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org