Value$500,000 to $5 million for a project consisting of a 3 to 5 year collective impact initiative.
The Government of Canada is accepting applications from organizations interested in receiving contribution funding from the pan-Canadian stream of the New Horizons for Seniors Program (NHSP).
- The application was submitted by an eligible organization:
- Not-for-profit organization
- Coalition, network or ad hoc committee
- For-profit organization
- Research organization or institute
- Educational institution (such as a university, college, CÉGEP, school board/school district) or public health or social services institution
- Indigenous organization (including band councils, tribal councils and self-government entities)
- Lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, and two-spirit (LGBTQ2) organization
- The project duration is between 3 to 5 years
- The project contributes to improving the social inclusion of seniors
- The organization has the capacity to act as a backbone organization
- The application follows the sections prescribed in this document and is presented clearly
Eligible activities are those that increase the rate of social inclusion among seniors in a target population. This could include:
- Developing partnerships to encourage new and emerging cohorts of seniors to be more actively involved in community activities;
- Adapting approaches (policies and tools) to more effectively attract, recruit and retain diverse cohorts of volunteers, including other generations;
- Sharing seniors’ knowledge, skills and experiences with others;
- Promoting awareness of elder abuse;
- Reaching out to vulnerable seniors such as those who are socially or geographically isolated;
- Volunteering, mentoring, leadership training and skill matching;
- Building intergenerational and intercultural learning and relationships;
- Developing / sharing tools and resource materials;
- Sharing best practices; and
- Other activities that support this CFC.
Deadline DateOpen and closes.
Contact Name: Government of Canada
E-mail Address: NC-DGOP-POB-PNHA-NHSP-GD@servicecanada.gc.ca