The NOHFC will consider partnering with organizations that are staging events that promote economic development in Northern Ontario. Applications must demonstrate that the event will facilitate job creation and retention, investment attraction, tourism and/or research and development/innovation conducive to productivity improvement within an existing and emerging priority economic sector.
Municipalities, First Nations, local service boards (for projects related to their approved powers) and not-for-profit organizations including educational institutions, either involved in economic development or representing an eligible sector, may apply individually.
Eligible applicants may include partnerships and alliances of municipalities, private sector businesses and organizations, educational institutions, the federal government, and other government-related agencies.
Eligible event partnerships could include, but are not limited to:
- Events with a core purpose related to economic development, tourism, job creation and retention, and/or capacity-building.
- Annual and/or recurring events that present a new enhancement through changes in programming and activities that lead to improved quality and/or sustainability of the event, such as:
- Increased participant numbers
- Increased tourism expenditure (additional overnight stays, more local spending)
- Raising the event profile/quality
- Promoting sustainability of future events
- Other enhancements, as deemed eligible by the NOHFC
Deadline DateJune 30, 2020
Contact Name: Northern Ontario Heritage Fund Corporation
Phone Number: 1-705-945-6700
E-mail Address: AskNOHFC@ontario.ca