Value$100M total fund
The Opportunity Calgary Investment Fund (OCIF) was created by The City of Calgary in 2018 as a catalyst to attract investment, drive innovation, and spur transformative economic development in the city. The Fund is a powerful financial tool to position Calgary as a location of choice for business investment, develop our tech-skilled workforce, and accelerate implementation of the community-built economic strategy Calgary in the New Economy.
UPDATE: OCIF Requests for Proposal
The Opportunity Calgary Investment Fund issued two requests for proposals (RFPs) to support the evolution of OCIF to accelerate the creation and scaling of more local companies and to strengthen the tech-innovation ecosystem in Calgary.
- Request for Proposal: Fund Manager – Applications for Fund Managers seeking to operate a Fund with OCIF backing that supports early -stage capital companies with projects in Calgary.
- Request for Proposal: Innovation Ecosystem – Applications for business incubators and accelerators with plans to create and scale companies in Calgary’s tech-innovation ecosystem.
- Eligible applicants include all organizations registered to conduct business in Canada. This includes local, national and international organizations that are for profit, non-profit or public institutions.
- Two or more organizations may choose to submit a joint application, especially for projects related to the creation of clusters, hubs or centres of excellence. The joint projects must have a Lead Applicant which meets the above eligibility criteria. The Lead Applicant will be responsible for submitting a project application, including the roles and contributions of project partners.
- The Recipient of the funds is responsible for managing the project and reporting on results.
Eligible costs are limited to non-recurring costs that are specifically related to the project, including:
- Direct labour
- Subcontracts and consultants
- Direct materials
- Machinery and equipment
- Land and buildings
- Other direct costs
Deadline DateBoth RFPs will be open until May 17th, 2021
Contact Name: Calgary Economic Development
Phone Number: 403-221-7831