ValueUp to $1,000
ParticipACTION has developed a micro-granting program that will support community organizations who are planning to host participatory in person or virtual activities or leverage physical activity-related programming during the challenge period. Micro-grants range from $250 to $1,000 and can support qualified instructors, equipment, rental cost, marketing and promotion and other costs that will make the activity even more impactful.
Applications may be submitted, individually or in partnership, by:
• Community, not-for-profit organizations and associations that can offer physical activity or sport participation opportunities in their community, either through events or programs
• First Nations, Inuit and Métis communities
• National Sport Organizations, Multi-sport Organizations, provincial and local sport organizations
• Organizations that can reach all segments of the Canadian population – i.e. LGBTQ2S+, youth, seniors, individuals with disabilities, visible minority groups, newcomers, groups representing rural areas, minority language communities, Indigenous, and low-income
Expenses must be directly related to costs incurred for delivering a physical activity or sport participation experience or helping to make it accessible and inclusive. Eligible expenses include:
- Sporting equipment
- Coaching/trainer expenses
- Venue/space rental etc.
- Costs associated with delivering a virtual activity
- Cost the help activity meeting public health guidelines
- Childcare for participants during an event
- Any accommodations that may be required for full participation such as ASL, captioning, personal assistance etc.