The Literary Publishers component of Supporting Artistic Practice funds Canadian publishers of literary books and magazines committed to developing and promoting Canadian writers through the publishing process. Grants support the publication of literary books and magazines authored by Canadian writers.
You must be a Canadian literary publisher with a demonstrated history and current practice of publishing Canadian-authored literary books and/or print or electronic magazines with creative writing literary works primarily by Canadian contributors. You must also meet the following basic criteria:
- Presently receive core (operating) support through one of the following Canada Council programs:
- Support to Book Publishing: Block Grants (Annual and Multi-Year)
- Grants to Literary and Arts Magazines
- Have received at least 2 Canada Council publishing project grants from the following programs in the last 3 years:
- Capacity Building Initiative Program: Project Grants
- Cultivate: Sector Development Project Grant
- Grants to Literary and Arts Magazines (New Magazines component)
- Support to Book Publishing: Emerging Publisher Grants
- Have had total revenues exceeding $30 000 in each of the last 3 years (some exceptions may be considered)
- Book publishers: have published at least 16 eligible literary titles, publish at least 4 literary titles annually and operate on an ongoing basis. Please familiarize yourself with the definition of eligible literary titles.
- Magazine publishers: have published at least 2 issues of the magazine in the year preceding this application
Activities that develop and promote Canadian writers through the publishing process.
- Book publishers: Up to $250,000 per year
- Magazine publishers: Up to $120,000 per year
- Book and magazine publishers: Up to $300,000 per year
Contact Name: Supporting Artistic Practice
Phone Number: 1-800-263-5588, ext. 4037
E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org