ValueSuccessful applicants receive funding in the form of a repayable advance. Successful applicants receive funding in an amount appropriate to the needs of the project and subject to a Maximum Contribution of the lesser of 75% of the project’s Eligible Costs or $250,000.
The Prototyping Program allocates funding to projects at the early stages of building a product to demonstrate its intended functionalities and design. Specifically, this phase is for experimenting, testing and validating different concepts and hypotheses to arrive at a first functional prototype. For clarity, the product will require a full Production phase in order to be published or sold and will not be finished at the end of the Prototyping phase.
- Is a for-profit
- Is Canadian-controlled as determined in sections 26 to 28 of the Investment Canada Act;
- Has its head office in Canada
- Research and preparation of content
- Salaries and benefits/wages/contracts for project team (project management, business development, coding, design, system infrastructure, content development)
- Technology infrastructure (hardware and software)
- Expenses to put content online, including copyright clearance, documentation, design and development of the prototype, translation costs
- Travel and accommodations
- Project audit fees
- Other technical and administrative expenses
- Marketing and promotion
Contact Name: Canada Media Fund
Phone Number: 1.800.567.0890
E-mail Address: email@example.com