The objective of the Women’s Program is to achieve the full participation of women in the economic, social and democratic life of Canada. Funding is provided to eligible organizations in support of projects at the local, regional and national levels that address the following three priority areas:
- Ending violence against women and girls
- Improving women’s and girls’ economic security and prosperity
- Encouraging women and girls in leadership and decision-making roles
Funding is available for time-specific projects of 36 months or less that address barriers to women’s participation and equality in Canadian society. Eligible organizations and activities are determined by the Women’s Program’s funding criteria. Funding is not provided for ongoing activities, such as an organization’s operations and administration. Also, as available funds are limited, not all qualified applicants may receive funding. The Women’s Program issues targeted calls for proposals on specific themes, each with a number of predetermined elements, and application deadlines. Status of Women Canada also accepts a small number of applications to the Women’s Program on an ongoing basis.
- Not-for-profit Canadian organizations, excluding labour unions, post-secondary educational institutions and religious institutions;
- For-profit Canadian organizations, if the nature and intent of the funded activity is non-commercial and not intended to generate profit;
- Aboriginal governments (including band councils, tribal councils and self-government entities) and their agencies in rural and remote areas where there is a lack of capacity among not-for-profit and for-profit organizations; and
- Territorial governments (local, regional, territorial) and their agencies in the Yukon, Northwest Territories and Nunavut.
- Salaries and Benefits
- Honoraria and Professional Fees
- Materials and Supplies
- Office Equipment
- Publicity and Promotion
Deadline DateSmall number of applications are accepted on an ongoing basis. Calls for Proposals have pre-determined application deadlines.
Contact Name: Status of Women Canada – West Region
Phone Number: 80-495-3839
E-mail Address: email@example.com