ValueIt’s a LOAN. $20M minimum.
The Alberta Indigenous Opportunities Corporation Act has led to the creation of a crown-corporation focused on increasing Indigenous communities’ access to capital and technical support to invest in natural resource projects and related infrastructure. Increasing the ability for Indigenous groups to invest in our province will help them become partners in prosperity. Communities will have the chance to develop new income streams that could be used to develop community-level programs and services.
Any of the following groups are eligible:
- Indigenous groups, as defined by the Indian Act
- Metis Settlements as established by the Metis Settlements Act
- Métis groups as defined by regulation
- Other entities the Minister of Indigenous Relations approves as fitting within the AIOC mandate
- Entities fully owned by the groups identified above
With up to $1 billion in loan guarantees, we help to reduce the cost of capital for Indigenous groups and make it easier to raise capital to invest in natural resource projects.
The range for a loan guarantee is a minimum $20 million to a maximum $250 million.
- Energy (oil and gas, renewable energy, power, and coal)
Contact Name: https://www.theaioc.com/about/contact/