ValueThe maximum you may request is $50,000. Varies
The Catherine Donnelly Foundation has been established to provide a long-term way to serve specific community needs anywhere in Canada. Generally, The Catherine Donnelly Foundation will use its endowment to fund projects/programs that address community needs in three primary areas.
- Adult Education Advancement Initiatives
- Environmental Enhancement Initiatives
- Housing Initiatives
- Registered Canadian charities
- Can provide evidence that their operative values are consistent with those of the Catherine Donnelly Foundation
- Work in areas where the needs are greatest
- Work with persons not served or reached by traditional programs
- Are undertaking projects or programs that have promise as a model for imitation in other Canadian communities and will train others to set up similar programs
- Partner with other like valued organizations to achieve shared goals
Areas of Focus:
- Adult Education Advancement Initiatives – The Foundation will consider applications that focus on the adult education and learning needs of new Canadians and marginalized populations and in particular, those that seek to address the most pressing contemporary problems and concerns of these groups.
- Environmental Enhancement Initiatives – The Foundation will consider applications that aim to catalyze a significant increase in public support for fast and deep-reaching climate change solutions.
- Housing Initiatives – The Foundation will consider applications for projects that address homelessness and the scandalous lack of affordable housing through research, policy development, capacity building and advocacy within the sector.
Deadline DateTwo grant rounds per year: a Spring Round - February 3, 2022; Fall Round - August 4, 2022.
Contact Name: Catherine Donnelly Foundation
Phone Number: 416-461-2996 ext 203
E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org