ValueColleges can submit proposals with total CFI requests between $60,000 and $1 million.
The College Fund supports projects that enhance the capacity of Canadian colleges to carry out applied research and technology development and foster partnerships that generate innovative products, processes or services that address the social, business, health or environmental needs of a Canadian industry or community.
- Universities, colleges and research hospitals
- Non-profit research institutions
- Research equipment and components
- Shipping, transportation and installation of research infrastructure, including brokerage fees, excise taxes and duties
- Warranties and/or service contracts
- Software subscriptions and licences
- Laboratory furniture
- Communications infrastructure essential for the research activities described in the proposal
- Travel to a manufacturer, dealer or supplier to select research infrastructure
- Initial training for the main operator(s) of the research infrastructure. It is expected that the main operator(s) will train other users. Alternatively, an initial group training session may be provided by the vendor at the institution.
- Salaries (including benefits) of professional, technical and managerial personnel, consultants and
contractors directly involved in the design, engineering, manufacturing, installation, construction or
renovation of the infrastructure
- Construction or renovation of space essential to house and use the infrastructure or to conduct the research activities described in the proposal
- Acquisition of a database or the time-limited design and development of a database to the point that it is ready for exploitation by a designated research community
Deadline DateThe deadline to submit notices of intent is April 7 each year. Deadline to submit proposals June 7 each year.
Contact Name: Canada Foundation for Innovation
Phone Number: 613-947-6496
E-mail Address: email@example.com