The objective of the Dairy Direct Payment Program is to support dairy producers as a result of market access commitments made under recent international trade agreements, namely the Canada–European Union Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement (CETA) and the Comprehensive and Progressive Agreement for Trans-Pacific Partnership (CPTPP).
Eligible recipients for years 2020-21, 2021-22 and 2022-23 are:
- Producers of cow’s milk with a valid dairy quota license registered with a provincial milk marketing board or agency as of October 31 of each year. Producers of cow’s milk with a valid dairy quota license means a producer of cow’s milk holding dairy quota issued by a provincial milk marketing board. This includes producers under a new entrant assistance program with loaned quota and/or whole-farm leases with loaned quota as of October 31 of each year.
A recipient must be an individual and/or legal entity capable of entering into legally binding agreements or contracts. This includes sole proprietor businesses, partnerships and corporations.
- will receive a letter confirming eligibility and detailed instructions on how to register each year
- must register every year of the program to receive a payment
The CDC will:
- collect information from provincial milk marketing boards on the licensed quota holders
- calculate individual payments based on the percentage of each producer’s provincial quota holdings
- work closely with each of the provincial milk marketing boards to deliver funding
Deadline DateAmounts are available up to March 31 of each year. To receive a payment, registrations must be signed and received no later than March 31 of each year.
Contact Name: Dairy Direct Payment Program
Phone Number: 1-877-246-4682
E-mail Address: email@example.com