ValueProvides up to $964 million over four years
The Smart Renewables and Electrification Pathways Program (SREPs) provides up to $964 million over four years for smart renewable energy and grid modernization projects. This program will significantly reduce greenhouse gas emissions by encouraging the replacement of fossil-fuel generated electricity with renewables that can provide essential grid services while supporting Canada’s equitable transition to an electrified economy.
Eligible recipients are owners of Eligible Projects and may include:
- Legal entities validly incorporated or registered in Canada;
- Provincial, territorial, regional and municipal governments and their departments and agencies;
- Indigenous communities and governments, Tribal Councils, National and regional
- Indigenous councils or organizations, and Indigenous for-profit and not-for-profit organizations.
Note: Where an Applicant is a newly formed Limited Partnership, the Program may require the Applicant to secure a Guarantor for the Project. The Guarantor will be required to sign a form of Guarantee, as provided by the Program, of an amount up to the proposed Program funding amount.
SREPs can support projects under the following streams:
- Established Renewables (examples: solar photovoltaic, onshore wind, small hydro)
- Emerging Technologies (examples: geothermal, energy storage)
- Grid Modernization (examples: micro-grids, virtual power plants, and hardware/software to enable grid services).
A portion of SREPs funding will be reserved for Indigenous-led projects, which may qualify for higher levels of project support.
Contact Name: Natural Resources Canada
E-mail Address: email@example.com