ValueThe AAFC funding for a Cluster (combined contribution funding and collaborative research assistance) will not exceed $15 million and will be no less than $5 million over 5 years (combined Vote 1 and Vote 10).
The AgriScience Program, under the Sustainable Canadian Agricultural Partnership (Sustainable CAP), aims to accelerate innovation by providing funding and support for pre-commercial science activities and research that benefits the agriculture and agri-food sector and Canadians.
The program has 2 components:
- Clusters Component — supports projects intended to mobilize industry, government and academia through partnerships, and address priority national themes and horizontal issues
- Projects Component — supports a single project or a smaller set of projects that would be less comprehensive than a Cluster.
You must meet all of the following criteria to be eligible.
- You are a not-for-profit organization (an organization that operate solely for social welfare, civic or collective improvement, pleasure or recreation, or any other purpose except profit)
- You consent to share a summary of your proposal with other federal departments and other provincial and territorial governments
- You are a legal entity capable of entering into legal binding agreements
Eligible areas of research:
The areas of research identified below are subject to specific AAFC guidance.
- Health claims and human clinical trials
- Variety development
- Pest and disease surveillance
- Indigenous knowledge and science priorities
Deadline DateClosed. The program ends March 31, 2023.
Contact Name: AgriScience Program
Phone Number: 1-877-246-4682
E-mail Address: email@example.com